The National Park begins at the 7,000 foot elevation and encompasses the entire mountaintop. There are just a few companies that have earned permits to enter and explore the area. We are one of them!
Haleakalā Summit & Stroll
To the Top & Back | 5 Hours
- Start at sea level, then traverse through a variety of terrain including sugar cane fields, rolling countryside, green pastureland and old lava fields
- Arrive at Haleakala Crater – approximately 10,000 feet above the ocean!
- Peruse the Haleakala Visitor Center which showcases cultural & natural history exhibits, books and maps
- Walk the Pa Ka’oao Trail (.4 mile round-trip) to observe ancient rock walls, shelters and an outstanding crater view
- Drive to Pu’u’ula’ula where we explore the summit and examine the highly endangered, endemic Silversword plant
- Gaze at the horizon, revealing the outer lying islands of Lana’i, Kaho’olawe and Hawai’i (Big Island)
- Take a stroll through a cloud forest featuring a hundred year old grove cedar, pine, spruce & eucalyptus (.5 mile)
- Study flora, fauna and the effects of invasive species
- Watch for native birds and listen to their calls
- Enjoy a light refreshment before returning to our starting point
Note: All guests must be able to walk one mile on uneven terrain. This excursion operates at a high altitude. This may complicate health conditions and cause breathing difficulties. If you have any respiratory or heart conditions, then a doctor’s clearance will be required. Pregnancy must also be disclosed to ensure safety. Visitors will be required to inspect their footwear and remove any dirt, debris and seeds before entering the tour vehicle.
Departure & Duration
- 7:30am Morning or 1:30pm – 2:30pm Sunset Departure (actual time to coincide with sunset)
- 5 Hours in Duration
- We Do Not Offer Sunrise Trips
- $250.00 + $15.00 Park Fee, Per Person (minimum 2 person requirement)
- Children 2 & Under Ride Free
- Bottled Water
- Fresh Banana Bread & Sliced Pineapple