The National Park begins at the 7,000 foot elevation and encompasses the entire mountaintop. There are just a few companies that have earned permits to enter and explore the area. We are one of them!
Haleakalā Summit & Stroll
To the Top & Back | 6 Hours
- Start at level, then traverse through a variety of terrain including sugar cane fields, rolling countryside, green pastureland and old lava fields
- Arrive at Haleakala Crater – approximately 10,000 feet above the ocean!
- Peruse the Haleakala Visitor Center which showcases cultural & natural history exhibits, books and maps
- Walk the Pa Ka’oao Trail (.4 mile round-trip) to observe ancient rock walls, shelters and an outstanding crater view
- Drive to Pu’u’ula’ula where we explore the summit and examine the highly endangered, endemic Silversword plant
- Gaze at the horizon, revealing the outer lying islands of Lana’i, Kaho’olawe and Hawai’i (Big Island)
- Take a stroll through a cloud forest featuring a hundred year old grove cedar, pine, spruce & eucalyptus (.5 mile)
- Study flora, fauna and the effects of invasive species
- Watch for native birds and listen to their calls
- Enjoy a light refreshment before returning to our starting point
Note: This excursion operates at a high altitude. This may complicate health conditions and cause breathing difficulties. If you have any respiratory or heart conditions, then a doctor’s clearance will be required. Pregnancy must also be disclosed to ensure safety.
Departure & Duration
- 7am Morning or 1:30pm Sunset Excursion
- 6 Hour Excursion
- 2 Guests: $325.00 per person
- Each Additional Guest is $155 per person
- Bottled Water
- Fresh Banana Bread & Sliced Pineapple
- Haleakala National Park Entrance Fee